Monday, 13 November 2017

nearly a month's worth!

I finally managed to sort all the blog posts on here - as blogged about here - to reload all 9 years' worth of photos in. Phew - that was a long and arduous task, let me tell you. Anyway, it's done now so back to "normal" - whatever the heck that might be!

Because it's been a good wee while since I posted anything I've made - I just checked and it was the 17th of October that I last showed anything. That's nearly a month ago!! Anyway, there's a lot to show so I'm going to just post photos with as few words as possible. Not like me, I know! LOL

So, let's start with some pinnies:

Next some oven gloves

Some bags:

Then I did some cross-stitch pictures on my embroidery machine.

Next I embroidered some teatowels.

I made a denim skirt for Debbie.

I sewed a quilt top for Debbie. It's already pinned to a fleece and I just need to quilt it and bind it. Hopefully this week.

I finished knitting this Santa weeks ago but I finally sewed him up and stuffed him today.

And lastly a couple of stegosauruses (stegosauri??) which I made today on my embroidery machine. In this photo, they still need their gaps sewn shut - that's all done now.

Phew. That's a whole lot of sewing I've been doing!

18 comments:

  1. Hi Anne, I really enjoyed seeing all the beautiful things you've made lately. You've been very busy! I love the little apples on the quilt top, what a cute design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I didn't realise I'd been so busy until I started putting the photos together! :o)

      Delete
  2. I didn't know you could do cross stitch on a machine....isn't that awesome.
    Love all of your sewing projects but I had a special little 'oh my goodness how gorgeous' moment at the star apron and bag.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila. As soon as I saw the cross-stitch designs for my embroidery machine, I knew I had to do them. That starry fabric was out of the remnant box at my local curtain department. It's such a happy fabric. :o)

      Delete
  3. Wow, you have been a busy bee. I love the designs on the tea towels, they're so pretty. Glad you managed to get your photos sorted out, I can just imagine the huge task it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. The photo sorting was a mammoth task. I realised that it would go much more quickly if I didn't read every single blog post as I sorted them. Needless to say, that didn't always work! LOL

      Delete
  4. You may not have posted your finished items but you have certainly been very busy. Love the pinnies and oven gloves, very clever to do cross stitch on the machine too. Love the apple quilt, very colourful xcx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. I was excited when I saw the cross-stitch designs for my embroidery machine and just had to buy them and stitch them out. :o)

      Delete
  5. You've been a busy bee! I love the cross stitch Santa's and the tea towels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. I can't wait until December when I can start using them all! :o)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. I didn't realise how busy I'd been until I looked at all the photos!

      Delete
  7. Whew, indeed. All lovely makes as usual. I too have a fleece backed quilt to finish-must get it done!! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catriona. I made myself quilt mine today. Now it only needs the binding sewn on and it'll be done. Yay!!

      Delete
  8. I love everything! I haven't even seen most of the tea towels before! 🧐

    I have to say that my favourite is definitely the Santa. He's adorable and the fact that Debbie and I have them, too, is just so wonderful! 🎅🏼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure if I'd shown you all the tea towels or not. You can see them in real life soon - and choose which ones you want!

      Santa needs a pompom - I hope Auntie Joanna remembers to bring one along for him! He feels nakie without one! :oD

      Delete
    2. Woo! I definitely need more Christmas stuff and they are beautiful. Thanks, mama. 😘

      Darn it - I actually did forget about the pompoms. I'll put together a baggie of samples right now and we can choose the best one for Santa! 🎅🏼

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)