Tuesday, 17 October 2017

clearing some shelves

I decided it was about time I used up some fabric that had been on my shelves for a good long while so, first of all, I made a couple of bags and a pinny for Joanna. Joanna loves Russian dolls so this fabric is just perfect for her.

Then I made a pinny with some stripey fabric.

I had enough of this cat fabric (which I'd bought in Ikea many moons ago) to make 3 pinnies - one for me, one for Joanna and one for Debbie.

I made a couple of larger-sized shopping bags for myself:

Then I used the leftovers from the stripey bag to make a slightly smaller bag with different handles.

It feels good to have cleared these pieces off the shelves. I wonder how long it'll take me to replace them? Probably not long! :oD

14 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous fabrics from your stash.
    Love them.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Russian doll fabric, but those cats are just so cute too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I've had that fabric so long, I'm not sure if Ikea still sells it!

      Delete
  3. Well done you & I'm trying to use things up these days too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. Good luck with your using up! :o)

      Delete
  4. Love my Russian Dolls pinny and bags - thanks, mama. Really do love me some Russian Dolls! 💕
    And I can't wait to wear my cat pinny at Hallowe'en. 😺🎃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. I'm not waiting for Hallowe'en to wear my cat pinny. I'm wearing it this week!

      Delete
  5. A super bunch of makes (I scrolled quickly past the cat fabric!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. I thought you might not like the cats! :oD

      Delete
  6. You're soooo good! When I have older fabrics I go into hoarding mode, knowing that they can't be replaced. It's getting ridiculous LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, Anna. I'm really just making room for more! LOL

      Delete
  7. Beautiful bags, Anne. I love your big shopping bags. Great inspiration. Kisses.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)