Monday, 11 September 2017

skirt alterations, cloths, binding and some dressmaking

I finished the cloths I was making for Emily last week. I made them from 2 quilt panels which Debbie had bought many moons ago. We decided that Emily really didn't need any more quilts - at the moment - and the squares on the panels would make ideal cloths so cloths were made. Forty of them! They're all sewn on to a starry flannel sheet which I bought from Asda's. I still have some of the sheet left in case I need to make more - although I can't imagine that Emily will run out of cloths any time soon!

I also finished adding the extra flounces to Emily's skirts to make them longer for her.

I cut up a small piece of bright green sheeting to make bindings. This was the same green I'd used for the quilt panels I showed last time. I have 14m of the stuff for future projects!

Over the weekend, I made myself some black trousers. They're made using the Jalie 3243 pattern which I've made before - blogged here.

I think I might need to do a better ironing job on them before I wear them! LOL

Today I sewed the blouse I had cut out a few weeks ago. It's my old favourite pattern McCall's 5359.

It's not very clear in that photo that the white bits are bows.

Apologies for the threads - I still had to finish off the buttons and buttonholes when I took the photo.

I have no idea what I'll be sewing next. No doubt I'll think of something!

13 comments:

  1. Looking good! I really love the way you're lengthening the skirts for Emily, what a good idea. The cloths are great too, you never run out of reasons for those with an infant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. Yes, Debbie says she can go through an awful lot of cloths when Emily's eating her lunch - aka spreading it all over her face! :oD

      Delete
  2. I love seeing all the little things you make for Emily, baby garments and paraphernalia are just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. It's definitely fun making baby things! :o)

      Delete
  3. Always busy Anne & it always looks so good. Next thing we'll be seeing Emily toddling & I can't believe how quickly some of my blogpals grandies are growing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. It's scary to think Emily's 6 months old. Half a year old already! It's amazing how time flies! :o)

      Delete
  4. Love that shirt. In fact, that shirt might just go missing from your wardrobe!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I tell you about the padlock I got for my wardrobe? :oD

      Delete
    2. Did I tell you about the lock-picking class that I signed up for? ;)

      Delete
    3. Well, for pete's sake! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)