Monday, 4 September 2017

busy-ness

I knew I'd been pretty busy recently but it was only when I checked the photos on my camera that I realised how much I had done!

First of all, I made some cloths for Emily.

I'm in the process of making some more.

As you can see from this photo, these will be well used. Peas! Yum!!

Debbie had bought a couple of quilt panels long before Emily was born and they were just sitting on the shelves in my sewing room so I quilted them on to some fleeces which I bought in Asda's last week for £3 each. Can't complain about that price!

There's one with puppies on the front ...

... with a starry fleece on the back.

The other one has owls on the front ...

... with a heart fleece on the back.

Our garden swing seat tore - Douglas was sitting on it at the time! - so I got some swing seat fabric from eBay and sewed a replacement.

I can't say it was my favourite thing to sew but it works! Much cheaper than having to buy a new swing too!

I've got a few bags and pinnies cut out for the tartan bee ...

I've also got a blouse and a pair of trousers (for myself) cut out and ready to sew.

Remember the skirts I made for Emily here? Well, needless to say, they're far too short for her now so Debbie asked me if I could lengthen them. Thankfully, the waist still fits so I didn't need to sort that too. I did the denim one today and hope to get the pink and blue ones sorted tomorrow.

And finally - a photo of Emily and me chatting on Facetime. Isn't she adorable? :o)

11 comments:

  1. Now I know why you blog was near the bottom of my sidebar. You have been busy!!Lengthening skirts already, so she is really growing quickly & is such a cutie. All your makes are great & I can sympathise with Douglas, as when I was pregnant with No.2 I fell through a canvas-type chair too, which had given way from the sides where it was stitched. A bit frightening. Look forward to next post, with your 'own' bits. ie: blouses & trousers. (sorry, that rhymes).Have a good week & take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. The swing was the second garden chair Douglas fell through that day. Thankfully he didn't hurt himself and we were able to laugh about it. Hopefully he won't do it again any time soon!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you have been a busy bee!! A Tartan Bee... Sorry, I wrote busy bee and then couldn't resist the tartan bee! You have been incredibly busy though haven't you, lots of sewing done as always and some great makes and rescues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I didn't realise how busy I'd been! No wonder I didn't get much housework done! :oD

      Delete
  3. What a busy girl you've been and what an amazing smile Emily has...pure joy-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila. It's hard living over an hour and a half from Emily (and her mum and dad!) but being able to chat to her (and them) on our iPads makes it a bit easier. Her smile is heartwarming! :o)

      Delete
  4. Emily is such a gorgeous wee girl, only not so wee anymore by the sound of things. I love the owl clothes. She really is a lucky wean to have such a talented Grammie to sew for her. Look forward to seeing what you make for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. I feel the same way about Emily - although I might be a teeny bit biased! :o)

      Delete
  5. Love all the makes. Gorgeous! 💕
    I still can't deal with the peas, though. Properly gives me the boak, man. She's still a cutie when she's clean!! 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL She will (eventually) be able to eat cleanly! :oD

      Delete
  6. Oh Emily, such a little cutie. Lovely makes, especially the quilts, aren't they lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)