Friday, 29 September 2017

an everlasting hug

I've finished the heart quilt and, I have to say, I am chuffed to bits with the way it's turned out. It's definitely worth all the unpicking I did. By the way, the borders are the same width all around - the photographer seems to have cut it off at one side!

I had quilted it diagonally in sort of heart shapes. You can maybe see that better on the back - the pink heart fleece just seemed appropriate for this one.

I was going to go with a pink binding but none of the ones I had in my (vast) collection was quite the right pink. When I noticed that this one had hearts on it, I thought it would be perfect. I think I was right!

I was going to put a label on the back saying something like "a quilt is like an everlasting hug and this one has family at the heart of it" but I decided just to go with my own label (as opposed to a tartan bee label) as it's a gift. The gift will actually be from Joanna so I suggested to her that she could write something like that on the gift tag if she wanted.

Now, when Douglas was photographing me holding up the quilt, Tilly - naturally - wanted to know what I was doing back there. Silly Tilly! :oD

13 comments:

  1. It's just wonderful - thank you so much! πŸ˜˜πŸ’•
    And of course Tilly had to investigate. If there are shenanigans then she wants to be a part of them! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome. And, yes, Tilly is always in on any shenanigans! LOL

      Delete
  2. Tilly revealing you behind the quilt reminds me of Toto in the Wizard of Oz when he pulls the curtain back to reveal the Wizard. The quilt's turned out beautifully, as I expected, and I love how it has hearts in every aspect, on the binding and the back. I'm sure whoever it's gifted to will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I hope you're right! :o)

      Delete
  3. This is such a nice and cheerful quilt, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful quilt, Anne, and I know it will be treasured! I love the binding... perfect choice.

      Delete
  4. It looks super - worth all the unpicking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's perfect Anne! All that unpicking and extra work paid off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. I'm glad you think so too! :o)

      Delete
  6. Love the little label on the corner, just gives it a finishing touch. lovely.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)