Monday, 21 August 2017

bindings, bibs, bags, pinnies and carrots

I didn't know what I wanted to make next so I used some oddments of fabrics to make bindings. I love having these already made when I make a quilt or anything else that needs bound. I made some straight and some on the bias. Aren't these fun?

Yet again, I'm using both the metric and imperial system of measuring! LOL

Then I decided to make Miss Emily some bibs. This one is a bit out of focus but you get the idea.

Then I took a wild notion to bind the bibs instead of sewing them right sides together and turning like I had with the one above. Remind me not to do that again - it took 3 times longer to make these ones and they're not nearly as tidy. Live and learn!

I've been thinking for a while that I could make some calico pinnies with embroideries on them for selling in the tartan bee so I worked out what I wanted to do and made a start. So far I've made 4 with plans for a few more.

I've made myself a new bag for Singers. I didn't need a new one as the one I made last year is still perfectly good but, when I saw this embroidery, I just knew I had to make it for myself!

I've also embroidered another piece of calico to turn into a shopping bag.

I hope to get it and the pinnies all finished off and listed in the shop soon.

And finally - Debbie sent me a photo today of Miss Emily having her first taste of carrots. I don't think she liked them much! LOL

20 comments:

  1. Aww, Emily! You'll get used to those carrots. What a sweetie, that face is priceless. I loved seeing what you've made lately, Anne. Such a good idea to make up bindings in advance, you'll have them ready when you need them. The bibs are really cute and you're getting so good at the embroidery, everything looks professional. I enjoyed the funny sayings on the aprons, I'm sure it will all sell out quickly in your shop. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. Debbie has just started giving Emily "solids" so I'm sure there'll be a few funny faces before she decides what she likes. :o)

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, I hope that's not a lifelong battle with the veggies. She's such a cutie, and growing so fast! What fun things you've been making, I'm sure they'll fly out of the shop and I love that embroidery on your bag, that made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Emily had butternut squash today and liked it much better than the carrots. I'm sure she'll be fine with carrots soon.

      Delete
  3. Haha -- such a cute picture of Baby Emily -- what a little doll. Those embroideries are adorable -- I'll bet those pinnies will fly out of your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embroideries - I think you are on to a winner with them! Love the photo of Emily - oh the joys of introducing new foods!! I remember hiding scrambled egg in yoghurt for a fussy baby, who now (39 years on) eats anything and everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember renaming foods when the girls were wee. They wouldn't eat "quiche" but they'd eat "egg pie" and so on. Now quiche is one of their favourites! LOL

      Delete
  5. Lovely makes & binding on small things is much harder than an adult apron or quilt. I do notice that your Emily is wearing one of the bound bibs. I laughed at your reply above, as I didn't know what a quiche was till an adult, as we always called it egg pie when young. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the bibs are still useful even though it took me ages to make them. Next time it's back to the easier, quicker way of making them!

      Delete
  6. What wonderful work Anne, you are so productive!! The slogans on the aprons are especially cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely embroideries. Emily's face is a picture, she' really not sure about the carrots is she?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL No, she really wasn't. She's since had them again - mixed with apple - and, apparently ate them with no funny faces. :o)

      Delete
  8. Carrots are awesome - I'll soon set her right! Love the pinnies! Very cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. And so appropriate for me, eh? LOL

      Delete
  10. What wonderful work! I especially love the pinnies :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)