Wednesday, 12 July 2017

fancy pants and raspberries

I elasticated the fancy pants to go with Miss Emily's wee dress which I showed in my last post. I have a suspicion they might be a bit HUGE on her! Oh well, it's not like she's going to be trying to walk and her fancy pants will fall down to her knees. Well, maybe not this month anyway! LOL

I had to sort the top I made myself (also shown in my last post). It was meant to be loose fitting but I didn't think it meant quite as loose as it was. I took it in by 3½" inches through the front and back and took a wedge out of each side seam as well. It fits me so much better now.

All we need is some good weather to be able to wear it. Our summer came in May and I had high hopes that we'd get some lovely warm weather and then June happened. Cold June. Wet June. Damp June. Yuck June! I was so hopeful that July would be better but, can you believe that our central heating actually kicked on one morning last week? I kid you not. Anyone who's sick of their hot sunny weather, please send some my way! I promise to make good use of it!

Anyway, enough ranting about the weather!

I made myself a couple of new nighties. It's my usual pattern that I've made so many times, the tissue paper is disintegrating in places.

I used the leftovers to make some spotty bindings.

I've been diddling about making another quilt.

It's one of those making-it-up-as-I-go-along type quilts and I'm enjoying the process very much. It won't be long before the top is all sewn together then I need to decide what to back it with.

I started some knitting this afternoon as I was watching the tennis from Wimbledon. I'm already a good bit further on that I was when I took this photo. More on that later.

Are you wondering about the raspberries in the title? Well, Miss Emily's daddy has taught her something. Hilarious!

20 comments:

  1. Awww, so cute. Why is it that daddies always teach little girls the most unladylike things? Love those little pants and never feel bad about having to take things in, my seams are needing letting out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Daddies do tend to teach little ones things you'd rather they didn't do, don't they? It's still funny though! :oD

      Delete
  2. Oh, Emily, that is not ladylike, but so cute just the same. Babies do that don't they. Have you thought about taking your nightie pattern & tracing it onto interfacing, then it should last a long time. I've done it for a few things, though I don't make many clothes anymore. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I might have to do that with my nightie pattern soon. It really is very tatty!

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your sewing and adjusting! Emily is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I think so too! :o)

      Delete
  4. Love those nighties and the spotty binding....oh be still my beating heart.
    Miss Emily is just so flippin' cute-x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that baby! I want to eat her up. So cute. I love your nighties. I've often thought about making my own. Maybe I'll give it a try. I'm only going to sleep in them, so mistakes wouldn't be such a big deal. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I remember a conversation I once had with a lady in a fabric shop. She was buying the most hideous (but cheap) fabric which she was going to make nighties with. She said it didn't matter what it looked like as it would be dark when she wore it! Made me laugh! :oD

      Delete
  6. All the things are so lovely - and I can't wait to see the knitting project!! I think I know what it is! πŸ˜‰
    Miss Emily is adorable! It's obvious who her auntie is!! πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does tend to take after her lovely female rellies, doesn't she? :oD

      Delete
  7. Haha -- what a cute video! I remember when our baby learned raspberries -- it was so fun. She still does them when we're playing -- her's are a little than Emily's -- she doesn't use her tongue -- just her lips LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember my girls ever blowing raspberries as babies so I was surprised that, at only 4 months old, Emily has already mastered the "technique". It's hilarious to watch but don't stand too close! LOL

      Delete
  8. Oh, Emily is just so adorable ...... if she ever needs a spare Granny, let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. I'll keep your offer in mind! :oD

      Delete
  9. Emily is the cutest wee thing ever!
    I have never worn a nightie I don't think, not as a grown up anyway. I do quite fancy one actually, yours look light and airy and comfortable. Mind you, I'd have to wear them with tights and jumper, it is dismal in Glasgow. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina. I prefer wearing nighties to pyjamas - except in the winter when it's really cold! Isn't Scotland's weather in summer great? I was just saying this morning, it's the middle of July and I'm out for the paper wearing a blouse, cardigan, long trousers, socks, shoes and a coat. What am I going to do with all my sleeveless tops and sandals? *sigh*

      Delete
  10. Emily is gorgeous. I love her raspberry blowing. She's growing so fast, that I don't think those bloomers will be too big for much longer. Love the nighties, made my own out of some pure cotton M&S bedding that my mum found. So far I've made 4 and think I may never have to buy nightie material ever again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. It sounds like you're set for a while for your nightie making! Got to love a bargain! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)