It made up really quickly and fits me really well - yay! - but the edges were to be left raw or overlocked. I overlocked mine - even though I didn't really like the idea of having unfinished edges. (To me, overlocked edges are not finished edges - they are on the inside of a garment but not on the outside!)
The first time I wore it, sure enough, the overlocking got caught in something and I just knew I had to do something about that. So I did. I made some bias binding with a navy blue polycotton which was a pretty close match and attached that to the edges. Much better now!
Here's the blankie I made for Emily after she arrived.
Originally, I was going to embroider the "worth the wait" bit on a piece of fleece and back it with the heart fabric but I somehow managed to embroider it sideways! What a numpty!
I had a bit of a rethink and came up with the idea of cutting out the embroidery into a big heart and attaching that to the heart fabric. I then attached the pink fleece to the back and quilted it in hearts. I used a bright pink for the binding which is pretty close to the colour of the fleece - and the hearts on the heart fabric.
I actually think the re-do is much better than my original idea was. I'm soooo pleased with it and Debbie told me it was her favourite blankie as it really is true. Awwwww!
Of course, I had to make a very special label for this very special baby's very special blankie!
I've spent this last week making lots of pinnies (7) and bags (14) for the tartan bee shop - more of those in a later post - but I did make a new pinny for myself. This was a remnant which cost me all of £1 and I had the tapes already. Bargain - and pretty with it!