Wednesday, 1 February 2017

a thank you rose and a baby cardie

I didn't get nearly as much done last week as I'd hoped as I was struck down with a really bad cold. I basically sat or lay on the couch for 4 whole days feeling yucky. I'm on the mend now, thankfully. Crumbs I do hate being unwell.

I got a lovely parcel whilst I was feeling sorry for myself which made me feel a lot better! It was a box from interflora!

Inside the box was a lovely rose.

There was a card:

And on the card it said -

Oh my goodness. I was stunned! Gail - who I made the diary cover for shown in my last post - sent me a rose to thank me! How lovely! How kind! I only hope I can keep it alive!

The only crafty thing I managed last week was to finish off this wee cardigan.

I really was surprised at how far apart the colour changes were in this yarn. There was also no repeat of the colours so I couldn't start the second front in the same place as the first front. It's a bit weird but I don't think it's horrible. If Debbie doesn't like it, she can always make it a sleeping-only cardie. I do remember having a few sleeping-only cardies when my two were wee. You know, the ones that are just a wee bit strange for some reason or another.

I dug out my Hague linker to sew it up - much quicker than sewing it by hand.

This is the back of the cardigan. It looks like it was deliberate to have those dark pinks matching at the top of the back and sleeves - it wasn't. It's pure fluke!

Now for a laugh. I was standing making a cup of coffee in the utility room last week when I noticed this on the mug cupboard door.

It's a Christmas poem written by one of the girls when they were at Primary school. It - along with many others - gets stuck on the kitchen/utility room cupboard doors as part of our Christmas decor. Why is it still there? We use that mug cupboard every single day - at least 4 times a day. How did we not see it? How did Joanna not see it? It made me laugh so hard when I saw it. I wonder if there are any other Christmas decorations still in full sight? I wouldn't be at all surprised! :oD

14 comments:

  1. Awww, I think that's lovely that you use the poem as part of your Christmas decor, I've still got a lot of decorations that my two made at school or cubs or brownies. What a wonderful surprise, a gift which will keep on giving, you'll have to find the perfect place in your garden for the rose. I think the little cardi is lovely, things don't have to match all the time. Hope you're feeling better soon and better you got the cold now than when Debbie has had the baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Yes, I was thinking the same - what if I got it when the baby came? I'd not be able to go and visit her!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful rose and I love the colours of the cardi.
    I found a 'Deck the Halls' plaque and a bag of Christmas photo props on the ledge between the kitchen and dining room yesterday and I don't know how they got missed either....they are right by the phone-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm glad it's not just me who's finding Christmas things that haven't exactly been hidden!

      Delete
  3. The wee cardie is so cute & spot on for a trendy baby. Was it variegated sock yarn you were using? I think you must enjoy the Xmas poem up there. I still find the odd bit of tinsel although we vacuum weekly, so the festive season seems to hang about into the new year. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was variegated yarn but not specifically sock yarn. I think those are made so you can match your socks but this was definitely unmatchable! Ah, yes, tinsel in the carpet. How is there today when it definitely wasn't there yesterday? LOL

      Delete
  4. Gail is a sweetheart - how lovely was that?!
    I love that cardi. The baby is going to look so retro and will be sharply dressed from day one!
    I noticed a reindeer decoration stuck into my plant pot the other day. What's worse is that it's right beside my bed and I stare at it every single night but still didn't realise! Doh! And like Susan, I still find random bits of tinsel and tree needles every day. Grrrr! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the tinsel in the carpet is a strange one. Dad always looks at me as if *I* put it there! LOL

      Delete
  5. How lovely to be sent the rose as a thank you, that is so kind isn't it and it cheered you up after your cold I am sure. Hope you are feeling much better again now. The cardi is adorable - of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I do feel a lot better now, thankfully! :o)

      Delete
  6. What a lovely thank you gift! I love the little cardi - you would probably pay a fortune for a mismatched "designer" one!! The reverse of your find - when I was packing, I found a big Christmas decoration on the top shelf of the wardrobe that we had forgotten about!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes, I found some wrapping paper the other day that I'd obviously bought in the January sales last year but hadn't put it with the rest so it got forgotten about. It's now away with the other stuff so I don't forget it again! :o)

      Delete
  7. I really like that super cute little cardigan -- not weird to me at all. I also have no clue what a Hague linker is LOL. Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. My Hague linker goes back to the days when I did a lot of machine knitting. It just makes it so much faster to "sew" things together. :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)