Tuesday, 29 November 2016

knitting, embroideries, sewing and moving things around

Want to see what I've been doing since I last blogged? First of all the baby cardies I was making finally got sewn up and the buttons attached. This is them (sort of) being blocked. More just a dampening with some water and pinned to a towel to take out the worst of the bumps.

I bought the blue mix yarn before we knew the baby was a girl but, as I told Debbie, it's okay for a girl to wear blue. My two certainly did!

Debbie gave me this orange-mix yarn to make something with so I made another smaller and plainer cardie -

This is a wee pair of bootees that I started last night to go with the orange-mix cardie. Same pattern as I blogged about here.

I've started a ripple crochet blankie for the baby too. Fun times!

I sewed a new bag for Joanna. It's the same pattern that I first blogged about here. Here's the bag -

A close-up of the flower -

And the inside of the bag -

I decided a few months ago that I wanted to be able to use all my machines at once - or at least not have to move the machines around each time I wanted to use one of them. Here's what my sewing machine table used to look like - my sewing machine is at the front (with its blue lid up) with the overlocker on the right and the embroidery machine behind (with its black lid up). Way too crammed to be effective!

It took a few days to get it all shifted - with a lot of help from Douglas - but we did it. Here are my machines all sitting side by side.

I can now set the embroidery machine going and can sew something on the sewing machine or overlocker whilst it's chugging away. I love this arrangement!

Finally, what did I do with the reindeer, you asked? I cut them to shape:

Backed them with snowmen fabric -

Sewed binding around them -

- and made them into bunting!

It's really hard to get a decent photo of the bunting as it's so wide but I hope you get the idea! I am so pleased with the way it turned out!

I have a few other things on the go which I hope to be able to share soon. Watch this space, as they say!

12 comments:

  1. I love everything you've made! That bunting is adorable and it looks great where you hung it. Your sewing room is so nice, you're going to be very efficient with the table set up like that. I loved seeing the things you're making for the baby too, how lovely. You're a wonderful grandmother already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, Jennifer. I've been able to double-up quite a few things now that my machines can be used at the same time. :o)

      Delete
  2. What great makes, I love the bunting especially! Your baby makes are adorable and will be well loved I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bunting!! And the baby knits are so sweet ......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful makes, all of them. I love the bunting, it looks great, and Joanna's bag. The baby makes are so cute, I bet you're having a lot of fun choosing what to knit and sew for the new arrival. I think you'll be even more productive now you've got your machines set up as they are, it looks like a good layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I've managed to get a few things done whilst the embroidery machine did its own thing so the layout is definitely more productive! :o)

      Delete
  5. One spoilt baby coming up, but I'm excited for you too, as I remember our first & know I made her lots too. She's 20 now!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love your bunting & looks very like where I'd hang some. (if I had any). Have a good week & take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. Yes, she is going to be very spoilt! :o)

      Delete
  6. Your bunting turned out just too cute Anne -- it's adorable! And it looks like you're having fun knitting for the new baby -- I'm hoping to start a new little sweater for our baby sometime this month -- after the craziness subsides LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. I am having fun knitting for the new baby. I love knitting wee things! :o)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)