Wednesday, 18 April 2012

busy day of sewing and cutting

I had a busy sewing day today. First of all, I made the blouse that I cut out last week. I decided to make a few changes to it and left off the collar. I had to make up a back facing piece but that wasn't too taxing at all. I love the way it looks.

I then made up the last Farmer's Wife block that was already cut out.

80 single wedding star:

I then got busy with the rotary cutter and cut out another 8 blocks. According to my count, I've made 32 so far. I had listed the ones I fancied making way back in February when I started this project and there are 64 on that list so that's me halfway there. If I continue to cut them out 8 at a time, I've only got 3 more lots of cutting out to go. Now that sounds good!

Of course, then I have to decide on placement and sashings and borders and bindings and backings and all the rest of that stuff but let's not go there yet. Still another 32 blocks to make before then. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, lucky you, having time to sew. I love your FW blocks...can't wait to see how you finish them all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)