Tuesday, 6 March 2012

blouses and a baby quilt

I finally remembered to take photos of the 2 blouses I made last week. They're both McCall's 5359 which I just love. I don't even need to look at the instructions these days as I've made it so often - and have plans to make even more as well!!

Red gingham:

And pink stripe:

The baby quilt is for my cousin's daughter whose first baby is due this month. Talk about cutting it fine!

55 x 4½" squares

26 alphabet pictures which I then sewed on to another 26 x 4½" squares

I then sewed them into rows of 9 squares.

And this is me ready to join the rows up:

I had to stop sewing as my back and neck were beginning to ache. I've learned that, if I don't stop sewing when my back and neck tell me to, there's a great possibility of not being able to move for a couple of days. Been there, done that. Tomorrow's another day and I'm hoping it'll be the day I get the top finished. :o)

2 comments:

  1. What nice blouses! You're ready for spring/summer now!

    I've learned to listen to my body... never pays to not pay attn!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished baby quilt...it looks like it's going to be adorable. When your back and neck allow you to finish it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)