Thursday, 7 July 2011

I am a material girl

I thought I'd break down my Canada postings into separate blog posts. Today's is about the most amazing fabric shop I've ever been in.

Before we went to Canada, I'd been reading a blog which had raved about a fabric store in Nova Scotia so, naturally, I asked Debbie if it was close to her. She said it was about an hour away so I said we HAD to go there. So we did.

We left Douglas and Jason to look at the manly shop next door - I think it was a car mechanic but I didn't pay too much attention. I just wanted to get inside! :oD We chatted to the owner for a wee while and Debbie asked if it was okay to take photos. The answer was yes so Debbie snapped away whilst I just wandered about and drooled.

This is the Avonport Discount Fabric Centre. BTW - they do mail order - to anywhere in the world.



















And here's what I bought.(The garish fabric in the background is the bedspread on the hotel bed! I didn't buy that! LOL)

















A wonderful place and I fully intend going back each time we go to visit Debbie and Jason. :o)

I just remembered something the owner asked us. What did we think of the floor? I assured her that I hadn't even looked at the floor. I think it was painted concrete but, with all that fabulous fabric etc to look at, who would bother looking at the floor??? Not me!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It looks like your idea of paradise! Can already see what you would do if you won the lottery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blethers. I really appreciate it. I do try to reply to everyone but sometimes life just gets in the way of that happening! :o)